Efficiency and Distributed Energy Resources
Energy Efficient Buildings
Decisions in Energy Technology Investments
Master Student with Civil & Environmental Engineering
The Future of Energy Systems
Post Doctoral Fellow
A Carbon Index for the United States
Air Quality Modeling
Visiting Graduate Student
A Carbon Index for India
Program: MS in Energy Science, Technology and Policy
Behavior Perceptions and Choice
A Transition To Energy-Efficient Lighting Systems In The U.s. Residential Sector: An Assessment Of Consumer Preferences And Perceptions
(2013) PhD in Engineering and Public Policy
Analysing The Impact Of Energy Efficiency Measures In The Evolution Of Energy Demand In Portugal Over The Next Two Decades
(2013) MSc in Mechanical Engineering, IST-Portugal
Application of Statistical Methods to Special Urban Metabolism Models
(2012) PhD program in Sustainable Energy Systems from the MIT-Portugal program.
PhD Committee Service
- Jose Prada (current student in Engineering and Public Policy.) Lead advisor: Marija Ilic.
- Ricardo Prada (current student at PhD in Engineering and Public Policy at IST Portugal.) Regulatory Frameworks and Incentives Adequacy to Foster the Electric Power Distribution of the Future. Lead Advisor: Pedro Carvalho).
- Stephanie Seki PhD in Engineering and Public Policy, 2016. Understanding the impacts of alternative fuel use in the transportation sector. Lead advisor: Mike Griffin.
- Felipe Faria PhD in Engineering and Public Policy, CMU, 2016. Climate consequences of hydropower in Brasil. Lead Advisor: Paulina Jaramillo.
- Patrícia Fortes PhD in Environmental Science, Nova University, Portugal, 2014. Clearing the cloudy crystal balls: Hybrid modelling for energy and climate change mitigation scenarios. Lead advisor: Júlia Seixas.
- Ana Catarina Gonçalves PhD in sustainable Energy Systems at IST-Portugal, 2014. Modeling Urban Growth and Electricity Consumption: the power of power laws. Lead advisor: Tiago Domingos.
- Marta Alexandra dos Reis Lopes PhD at U.Coimbra, 2014. Modelling Energy Behaviors in Buildings towards Energy Efficiency. Lead Advisor: Carlos Hengeller Antunes.
- Jared Moore PhD in Engineering and Public Policy, 2014. Lead Advisor: Jay Apt.
- Mili-Ann Tamayao PhD in the dual program between Civil and Environmental Engineering and Engineering and Public Policy, 2014. Lead advisors: Scott Matthews, Chris Hendrickson and Jeremy Michalek.
- Grace Haaf PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2014. Lead advisor: Jeremy Michalek.
- Joana Abreu, PhD program in Sustainable Energy Systems form the MIT-Portugal program, 2012. Topic: Smart-meter applications in Portugal.
- Amanda Rehr, PhD in Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University, 2011. Topic: Environmental decision support integrating scientific input, models, economic valuation, and stakeholder participation. Dr. Rehr is now a post-doctoral fellow at NOAA.